Originally Posted By: pmac
The guy Tommy del is a real p.o.s but the book is good. Lot of nuggets in it. Like the guy Frank sindone had the capo vote to be boss so scarfo killed him. Tommy del hid the fact he was half polish his wife brings it up and his kids hated his guys.

Wasn't Sindone also hit because he was part of the conspiracy to kill Angelo Bruno?

I've always wondered if Stanfa played a part in Bruno's murder, or if he really was just an innocent, unsuspecting driver on that night. And maybe the reason he fled Philly afterwards was because he was scared that he might get whacked too, since he could have fingered the shooter. If he was involved, it's truly amazing that he ended up being the only one who would survive. Everybody else involved ended up dead within the next year. Most stories and reports I have seen that suggest Stanfa was involved, say the theory was that Stanfa was protected by the Gambino family, and then they actually helped him to become boss so that Gotti could satisfy the zip faction of the Gambino's.

I think if he really was involved, and had he not gone to prison, that Scarfo would have ended up hitting him.