Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Big difference between 101st avenue and pleasant avenue.

Of course there was a difference. East Harlem was Ground Zero. And by the seventies, 101st was a much nicer and residential area. But that doesn't change the fact that there were Gotti crew members dealing out of those storefronts. And I find it impossible to believe that he wasn't aware of it and get his cut.

there is turning a blind eye (which i believe he did with his brother gene johnny carneliga angelo etc)

but most of the mob at that time were turning a blind eye to drugs paul castanalo took money of the siggs and they were are all junk guys
even the genovese guys some prob did just turned a blind eye. Even the chin was a junk dealer back in the day

there is a difference though with encouraging drug dealing that i dont believe john ever did or most capos

(rampino was a nobody he was a leg breaker started to deal and got addicted to H. He nearly flipped but he was too scared of john gotti he was back up shooter on castanalo murder. John was planning on killing him esp after the trial he told sammy gravano that)

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion