Masseria was betrayed. The war would have dragged out another year or so in a stalemate with the lose of men and money on both sides and chances are LCN would not have the big grip they had on the unions later on.
On the topic of Jack Garcia, he was not the only agent that gave the feds information about a crime family that the feds disbelieved and cast it a side. They did it a couple of times, when Joe Pistone said that Carmine Persico was calling the shots in the Colombo family instead of Tom DiBella, and said that Nick Guastella remained with Joe Bonanno instead of switching to San Jose. Pistone said the Bonanno family had 17 crews, and after Galante was killed two of the crews were disbanded and it's members were placed in other crews. That Just the FBI, The Bureau of Narcotics had an agent get close to John Ormento in the Lucchese crime family, during mid 1950s. He gave The Bureau of Narcotics these numbers in 1956, Anastasia 350, Bonanno 200+ Galante has a crew in Canada, Costello 400+ A crew on the West coast, Lucchese 240+ A crew in Los Angeles, and Profaci 160+ A crew in California Bay Area.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green