As far as which families were what, I don't know:
I read The Morello book, they said at no point did Maranzano have more men than masseria, or even money, yet he won the war cause he had soldiers whose loyalty was based on pride more than money. The CAstellamarre click stuck together, this made MAranzano more powerful than Masserria when war broke out, even though his family was smaller and had less money.
The Luchesses were small, but I think pound for pound they kept pace or made as much money as any family, so their members (I could be wrong) were probably on average richer than the average wise guy, does this make them a weaker or stronger family?
It seems to me if the 1998 Bonnanos can have 150, it's reasonable for the 1950-60s BOnnanos to have 180-190 or whatnot. Remember, they coulda had a lotta zips too...
The GAmbinos seem to have always been the biggest numbers wise, but does that make them automatically number 2? But under DAquila they were first? I get confused about this...
I've been trying to diagram a map of power on this time period for a while now, it's still confusing..