Jimmy Fratianno started out under Johnny Roselli when he transferred to Chicago. John who never lived in Chicago, but before he became direct with the Chicago bosses, mostly likely would be with the Cicero crew. Not long after that Jimmy meet more often with Sam Battaglia the Taylor Ave boss, so it would be safe to say that Fratianno was with the Taylor crew. Once Sam died it seems Jimmy became close with Joe and Louis who were with the Melrose Park crew. Louis father was Tommy Eboli of the Genovese crime family and through them Fratianno was introduced to Tony Salerno, Frank Tieri of the Genovese family, Anthony Scotto and Jimmy the clam of the Gambino family, Joe Lucchese and Stefano Lasalle of the Lucchese family, Joe Colombo and Thomas DiBello of the Colombo family, and Joe Evola of the Bonanno family. Sometime in the early 1970s, Jimmy started to butt heads with Joey Doves in Chicago and for the most part remained only a soldier with no crew living in California. He was not direct with Chicago bosses as is information was coming from Roselli instead and did not meet with Chicago leadership until he transferred from Chicago back to Los Angeles.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green