Dix, Fratianno got along real well with the Dragnas, after Jack Dragna died, DeSimone became boss, and Nick Licata was bumped up to Capo, who Jimmy insulted when Nick was only a soldier. When DeSimone became boss he demoted Bompenseiro and Fratianno from capos to soldiers. DeSimone wanted to demote Adamo but that would have signed his death warrent.
Mike Rizzitello was made before the hit in the presence of Fratianno, Louis Dragna, and another guy in a car outside a restaurant that was closed. Brooklier granted Dragna to induct members into the family after all capos and administration members gave that person the ok. Rizzitello name was not put forth, but most members in thought highly of him. This was one of the reasons Brooklier told the other bosses around the country that Fratianno had misrepresented himself, after he realized that his plan to kill Jimmy had backfired, and Fratianno was planning on calling a vote for the boss position. Jimmy had strong supporters around the country by how he carried himself and thanks in big parts to Frank Bompenseiro, Louis Dragna, and an old time soldier who's name I forget. While Brooklier had supporters too he made a smart play and brought the matter to the Commission, though it would take a second time to do so when he found that the Genovese and Lucchese families supported Jimmys right to become boss if a vote was called in the family. The Commission voted that Fratianno was to be killed, and that was when he became a government witness. A boss can kill anyone in his family, but there are exceptions. Jimmy had good relations with other families across the countries, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, and two families in New York City, Gambino died and Paul was the one to back up Brooklier as boss.
It was Tommy Ricciardi who got his button after the Bompenseiro hit, and yeah the Gallos had a lot of heavy guys with them, but half of them left when Larry passed on, and others went to jail during the war and meet other made members from other family or crews who they liked so they went with them or a few transferred their records with a different family.
Milwaukee Rob, The Weasel was trying to muscle in on the bay area, which pissed off Jimmy Lanza in San Francisco, and Joe Cerrito in San Jose who always sent Angelo Marino as a messenger to talk with Jimmy. Jimmy always thought that Marino was Lanza Underboss.

Last edited by Giacomo_Vacari; 09/30/15 06:51 AM.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green