Fratianno wanted to take over the Los Angeles family, it is evident with a couple trips to New York, but his big problem was with Chicago which in my honest opinion he was not so forthcoming with that information to the FBI. Brooklier wanted Jimmy killed along time ago before all that went down. He was badmouthing the Los Angeles administration before he transferred to the Chicago family, evening after that he was still badmouthing LA. Frank Bompenseiro was always badmouthing the administration. What led to Fratianno transfer was how Frank DeSimone was handling Jimmys court strategy. Brooklier has always disliked Bompenseiro and Fratianno after the foul up on the Mickey Cohen hit, that made Jack Dragna think less of DeSimone, but to be fair the fault was really Bompenseiro. I heard that when the Bompenseiro hit went down, that he was on the phone with Mike Riz, who Frank had set up. Tommy Ricciardi was with Mike and they both came from the Gallo crew in the Colombo family in New York. Mike came back to Los Angeles after Joey Gallo was killed and Tommy was sent out to California to help the Colombos interests but later on hooked up with Mike and became an associate of the Los Angeles family. Why it took so long to kill Frank is because Fratianno was stalling, and he didn't like taking orders from Brooklier, but that all changed when it turned out that Bompenseiro was an informant, and Frank was history, while Tommy got his button but he would die soon after that due to natural causes. The Last Mafioso holds up to scrutiny more then other books as Fratianno told it like it was and the writer did his research well.

Last edited by Giacomo_Vacari; 09/30/15 03:25 AM. Reason: Called Frank, Salvatore

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green