Originally Posted By: NE1020
But if its a guy that the family put in charge of shylock or some other racket then the family probably feels some responsibility to help him out.

Very infrequently.

Angelo Prisco, one of the most powerful Westside skippers ever, is doing life at Coleman and his family's broke.

Rudy Santobello, another monster skipper with the Westside died broke two years ago. But while he was inside in the late '90s his family got squat.

I could list fifty more guys, but I'm just using the more "famous" names so you can grasp what I was trying to say. If heavyweights like that weren't compensated in prison, what chance does Joe Schmo have?

Point being, it's your job to make sure you have a stash for your family to eat. If you're a boss it's a different story. And if you're a gazillonaire like a Ponte or a Franco, where you don't even have your button, your family can feed themselves.

It's just like any other job. You have to save money, especially today where one RICO trial can cost you 500k in legal fees.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.