Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Adonis being big into gambling is plausible...while he was in the United States. But what about after he was deported? What could have been his main activities while in Italy? What did the Italian authorities want with him? And what does gambling have to do with shipping docks? Just raising some relevant questions.

His link to the docks probably stems from being based in Brooklyn in the 1930's.

In the 1940's, Frank Costello gave Adonis a new sandbox to play in, namely Bergen County, New Jersey, under the watchful eye of Willie Moretti. His known illicit activity was almost exclusively gambling (carpet joints, wire services etc). Many wealthy clients were shuttled in from NYC, wagering large amounts of money.

I've read about rumors of narcotics after his deportation to Italy but I've yet to see anything concrete about it. In another thread you said there was nothing in the Agent Vizzini book. Maybe the old FBN files might have something. My feeling is that if he were heavily into it we would know about it. Maybe he was mostly retired or inactive? I've read very little to nothing after his deportation.

Last edited by ht2; 09/22/15 07:33 PM.