Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
And I'm talking about the relationship between them from the 40s onward;
Adonis got passed over for Boss of a family, then under, then acting, then under again (moretti), and he really was more powerful than any of those guys I think, he was notoriously vain, he seems like the type to have held a grudge.
Alfa, those little bits,of info, the nuances, those parts of the book do seem credible to me. Like it's obvious just from the style of writing that was definitely a screenplay, not really investigative, it's really dramatized in some parts, and straight up made up shit in some parts.
It's why Adonis is an interesting figure, look at his interest and tell me he was anyone's underling, he was every bit as capable as genovese it seems, COntrolling Brooklyn politics, providing labor peace for Ford, taking over the Jewish end of heroin importation, (until the war I guess) interest in jersey,
It seems clear to me there were clear factions in Lcn at this time, you tell me, am I wrong, seriously, it's interesting...

If anyone does a cursory examination of the history of the making of "Last testament", it's obvious it was just a screen play that got marketed as a book without Lucky Luciano's consent. It was never a bio. Lucky didn't get a warning from the mafia about publishing a bio. He got a warning for attempting to have a movie made. Obviously if you are collaborating on a movie with someone, you will tell some true events...but change the names. You will embellish and exaggerate. You will also white wash to make yourself look better than you would have in a straight bio. So Last Testament IS from Lucky Luciano himself, but it is truth mixed with fiction. Lucky Luciano knew he was already a legend, so things like the term Rum Running originating with his and his cartel's illegal alcohol trafficking activities in the book are believable, because he'd want a movie to announce his proper place in history.

Lucky Luciano wanted to be glorified in a movie. He did not want a fictitious autobiography full of lies published with his name on it as co-author.

All of that said, Adonis had big responsibilities in the mafia, and I think he really answered to the Commission more than to any one boss. This because whatever Adonis was responsible for, and I believe it to be narcotics, was the joint property of the bosses. Therefore Adonis had to be accountable to the Commission as a body.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."