Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
I was hearing that before too. Its been a while since I looked into it but I remember reading how a huge chunk of that cash was mainly from the biggest companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft and more I can't remember right now. Some of the money was cash borrowed due to low interest rates. A lot of it was deposited in banks which meant it was being loaned out and invested somewhere else.
Either way, I wouldn't pretend to know how QE factors into any specific stock.
Just more generally QE tends to bid up stocks for a variety of reasons.

To make sure your company's stock is rising due to rising profits and not just cash reserves, I would check the cash flow statement. QE might show up there if the Fed is buying securities from corporations. If the QE is just the Fed buying bad mortgage bonds from the banks to give them liquidity so that they can begin lending again, again it's redundant. The corporations still have that mountain of cash they're sitting on. Or maybe it's like you say....only certain corporations are cash rich, the others are just going along. But if the companies that are hoarding cash are the titans that make up the Dow Jones Index, then QE can't bypass them to jumpstart economic activity. Everything either begins with or passes through the Dow Jones 30 (or whatever the number is today that make up that index).

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."