Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Depends Demeo was a de facto capo first of be made,some soldiers have 2-3 associates under him.

I don't understand why the genovese and the gambino has 200 made men and 1000 associate same think for the luccheses but for the bonannos 1:3 - 1:4 for the colombos very very few associates.

And why philly is listed 2 associates for 1 wiseguy and the Patriarcas 1:3 ?

Who decides the relationship between made men and associates?

The FBi,the police ecc ? who ?

The law enforcement estimated ratio is the same for all the NY families. The latest I've seen being 1:5. So, for the Genovese and Gambinos, who have 200 members each, 1,000 associates for each is the estimate. The three smaller NY families, with around 100 members each, 500 associates each is the estimate.

The last Chicago estimates, which were during the Family Secrets case, was 28 members (25-30 was the general range) and a little over 100 associates. So the ratio there is 1:4 or 1:5.

The most recent associate estimates I've seen for New England and Philadelphia was 100 associates. So, with 40-50 members each, the ratio is about 1:2. Philadelphia , for example, was once said to have nearly 300 associates. I suppose the smaller a family is, and the morest it declines, the less manpower affiliated with it.

Interestingly, the last estimate I saw for the DeCavalcantes was 50 associates, which is a rather small 1:1 ratio considering the family is said to have 40-50 members.

Again, I take associates estimates with a grain of salt because they can vary and fluctuate even among law enforcement l.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.