This is why I find this stuff interesting, cause to me a lot of it seems really misunderstood;
Like in Luciano's book, he says Lansky and Siegal had the Bugs and Myer gang, like that their job was protecting liquor shipments and doing hijackings.
He almost basically said they were muscle, now I know Lansky was the wiz, but LUcky also said he was pound for pound the toughest guy he ever met, including Anastasia and who ever else. He said BUgsy was the stone craziest.
Joe Adonis had more in common with Costello than GEnovese, but he is known as a killer of masseria, a hitter. Despite him being known as the leader of the Broadway mob, not anyone's underling, yet people always put him, like luckey's lackey. He was every bit as politically astute as Costello.
In his book, lucky says he and LUchesse were close from the old hood, but never played it up in public, he also seems, like, he admired luchesse, maybe more than any of his other contemporaries.
The Vito question is pretty legit; Lucky seemed to respect him, but not like him at all. Vito seems to be the most "in the streets" so to speak of all these guys..