Sorry buddy I just now seen you replied to this thread. I need to keep a check in here more often....lol

Barnett has to beef up some. There were rumors he was in the top 3 at one point, but our QB battle shifted so much during the offseason it wasn't even funny. The rumors were it was:

1a. Jake Coker-Senior
1b. David Cornwell-RS Freshman
3. Alec Morris-Senior
4. Cooper Bateman-RS Soph
5. Blake Barnett-Freshman

Then Cornwell had some fling with a chick over the summer and something bad happened (nothing illegal) between them and rumors were he was more worried about her than the playbook and the QB battle and after the last scrimmage it ended up something like this:

1. Alec Morris
2. Jake Coker
3. Blake Barnett
4. Cooper Bateman
5. David Cornwell

And then the Wisconsin game rolls around and it ends up like this:

1. Jake Coker
2. Cooper Bateman
3. Alec Morris
4. Blake Barnett
5. David Cornwell

But all in all it seems now that Coker is taking the job over and Bateman is the solid #2 right now as well after practicing at WR in the spring. Word is Barnett has looked fairly good, but still had playbook issues which is expected by a true freshman learning to live in Alabama by way of California as his whole family moved here so they could watch him in person. The general consensus is that he will for sure Redshirt just due to all the QB's on the roster.

But next year I fully expect him to battle for the starting job and hopefully wins it. I think his style is perfect for Kiffin's system. He has moves almost as good as Blake Sims had but he is a much more refined passer than Sims ever was. Also it seems that Kiffin's system now is pretty hard to learn as Sims, Coker, and Bateman all had issues learning the system and running the no huddle which we run now.

But most people expect him to battle Bateman and Cornwell for the job next year if Cornwell doesn't transfer.

-------------------

LaLou,

Why didn't y'all finish the game the other night? I would have thought y'all would have especially with Mittitippi State coming up this week.