Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
It makes your blood boil that criminals had illegally accrued assets frozen?!

Quelle horreur!

Every single cent the majority of them earn is blood money.

Even when they are set up with a highly profitable, legitimate, company how do you think they get into that position to begin with? Blood, sweat and tears? Maybe someone else's...

I don't know what goes on in Ireland, nor do I give a fuck. But here in America, you're innocent until proven guilty. Therefore, the government has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER freezing the bank accounts and placing land liens on FIRST TIME OFFENDERS. And that's exactly what they did to a few of the guys on the lower rung of that indictment. Million dollar liens on houses worth 400k. The prosecutors and judges should be fucking jailed.

I've said this before (although I'm quite sure you don't believe me, but again, at this point, I don't give a shit what your moralist ass thinks of me). But I'm not a wiseguy apologist. The world needs law and order. So if the government has the goods on them, by all means charge them and convict them in a timely fashion. Because here in America, we have what's called a right to a speedy trial. And if they're first-time offenders, and a judge places that kind of hold on a guy with no money (and believe me, half these sheet guys are dead ass broke), that judge should be thrown off the bench.

Blood money in a gambling case. I think you should just enter the Seminary and get it over with. Because if you're going to moralize to that degree, you better be consistent and do it in all walks of life.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.