Originally Posted By: MaryCas
______ lives matter. Is this really necessary? Respect all life and we don't need slogans or statements like this. The more we identify "special conditions" the more we create segregation and racism.

@MaryCas,

Do you think the people mentioned in this link were guilty of creating segregation and racism?They planned and carried out protests specifically about the treatment of "their people"

http://thehistorybox.com/ny_city/nycity_irate_italians_lyching_discussed_article1078.htm

I completely disagree with the slogan, and whatever methods the BLM are using to achieve whatever it is they are trying to accomplish. I think they dilute their message each time they associate with a case where a violent person is killed by police WHILE engaging in violent behavior.

BLM, due to the nature of what the media deems newsworthy, and because of who is really behind the "so called movement", gets a lot of coverage but local groups who are trying to tackle the TRUE issues (teaching people practical and lifesaving ways to interact with LE AND rooting out the rogue cops who do exist) just get overshadowed.

The groups mentioned in that link I put up were 100% right to be concerned about what was happening to the "their people" and to try to do something about it. I disagree with a lot of what BLM stands for, but how are they different from the first group of people?