F1,

thanks for the links. Guy who killed those innocent people should executed if Italy has the death penalty.

I've followed the story of organized crime over there and how, of course, they make money from the immigration crisis.

here is just one article about it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worl...ans-more-money/

I'm reminded of two passages from the Godfather book. The first one mentions the cleverness of oc, the second mentions the overall negative impact oc has on whatever society they operate it.

1)Story is told about how oc controls trucking industry in a region....and overloads the truck past legal limits (damaging the roads)....and then oc controls road paving industry and bidding....and gets paid to fix the roads they ruined

2)Story about a water mill being built in Sicily that would improve life in a certain town...oc can't get their cut so they have it destroyed.

From what I've gathered about the story..roman mafia lobbies for the rights of immigrants to be "rescued at sea" and not turned away....they work with oc groups in the origin countries of the migrants to smuggle them to Italy, they bribe officials in Italy to get contracts to build or run the immigrant detention centers, they pocket most of the money to operate these centers,then they contract out local work to the illegals paying them pennies on the dollar.

Their country is flooded by more immigrants than can be absorbed, the citizens and govt. are subsidizing the living/care for these immigrants......and oc doesn't care because they are making money ...."more profitable than drugs" is how this immigrant racket is described by one of the accused.