Originally Posted By: thebigfella
As far as earning merlino made money through loan sharking and extortion and don't forget the deal with boston guys when he allegedly was making 6000 for every kilo sold

And whom was he loaning money to? Seriously, who? I think if he was earning through Loan sharking, he'd have enough money to come through on his bets when he lost. The guy couldn't generate any money making opportunities if hit in the face with one of those "How to become a millionaire" books. He wasn't broke by the most literal terms, nor am I saying that, but he just couldn't generate the schemes to feed himself or his "other family" the way most Mob bosses in the past have been able to do.

As far as the Bobby Luisi/Boston thing goes, remember the word you yourself just used, "allegedly". Luisi wasn't exactly an earner himself, those "kilo's" never tested over 51 percent of actual cocaine. Which means the product he was pushing, was crap. And I don't know about 6000 for every kilo, Previte, who through Luisi would deliver Merlino his money, only has one actual documented case of delivering drug profits to Joey Merlino, and it was only 2,500, with a suspected couple thousand more which was supposedly coming from Luisi, but Merlino only ended up getting 1,000.