Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
That's really gets. I believe if most crime ridden communities did this and received the proper publicity the country wouldn't have this race war narrative going on.

I believe low income white areas with high rates of drug abuse need to do the same. Maybe not march, but get involved to help people overcome their addictions. Because as we all know, jail and mandatory minimum isn't reducing heroin usage in this country

Several people expressed that Blacks only march or protest when there is a racial issue and if that's all that national news outlet shows, then that's what people are going to believe.

Sometimes things are simpler than what TV would have us think, this is one of the times when things are actually a lot more complicated than what TV would have us think.

I'm not a fan of marches...and I agree with you about how the old way of doing things obviously hasn't worked and as Americans we need to find new approaches.

Grass roots organizations whose AIM is to be so effective that they aren't needed anymore. The problem with the way the current "social services" industry is designed is that it's aim is to always exist....to always have a need for it. That's backwards.