F1,

I'm certain that you know more about this topic, Islam, and the comparative views of other religions on subjects than I do.

But I've taken a few classes on religion and own a few books. More importantly I've been listening to an audiobook version of the Bible for 3 years now. And the actual words on the page in the Old Testament regarding this and other issues are a bit shocking...even when taken in full context in the verses and chapters and books they are found in.And remember I was brought up in a Christian household so I've read and listened to the book several times over.

I've not studied the Talmud as closely, nor been able to put excerpts in context but the words on the page about this topic are shocking to 21st century Western eyes.

The words on the page about this topic in the Quran are shocking and I have less understanding of that book than the others.

Since those three faiths have different schools of thought, and denominations though in general use the same book, why is Islam singled out as the only one being wrong and expressly meant to be taken literally.