Originally Posted By: ovation32
Ivy (and I apologize in advance to the moderators for this) - I have always respected your research and your statements. And i still do. But intransigent stubbornness is about as valuable as "Mayor" Bill de Blasio (I know that will not resonate with Utah Brigham, but it's for the New Yorkers on the thread). I understand your reticence to believe anything other than what Agents Levy and Bongorno say, but realize that the people you are writing about are not stagnant robots born out of a hat in upstate New York. We are discussing human beings and mechanical interpretations of life as a flatline until indictments say otherwise is immature and short-sighted.

My point: Why not engage in discussions defined by the thread topic instead of repeatedly insinuating that these threads are a waste of time because 6 years ago..Smith was boss, Young was Underboss and Jeffs was Consigliere. Do you get my point?

No, I really don't get your point.

The reason I'm always stressing the need to stick to the most trustworthy sources - the feds or proven journalists like Capeci - is to keep things grounded in REALITY. Discussion and even guessing is fine, especially when there's no info from sources like this on a given matter. But there seems to be this knee jerk reaction among many on these forums (and it's really nothing new) to automatically disbelieve just about anything the feds say ("they must be tickling the wire") or what Capeci says ("he's writing shit.") I don't know if it's just an ego trip for certain posters to act like they know better than the feds or can read the tea leaves better than Capeci but without putting them in check (at least occasionally) the bullshit on a forum gets piled high and deep real quick. I've seen happen many times.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.