Originally Posted By: dave213
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Has anyone been caught on a bug in the past 13 years saying that Peter Gotti is the official boss? How about informants? Have they told law enforcement that Petey is the official boss? Is anyone still kicking money up to Pete besides his family members? He's as much the official boss of the Gambinos as Nicky Scarfo is the official boss of Philly. I can understand Vic Amuso being listed as the official boss. He probably gets some money each month just to keep his mouth shut even though he has no power left on the streets.

Well said Mulberry, exactly my thoughts. Try telling that to Ivy.

You guys talk as if you would even care if it was confirmed by bugs, informants, or law enforcement. Law enforcement and informants confirmed Amuso is still boss and you guys didn't believe that either.

Nobody is claiming Scarfo is the boss so it's different than the Gotti situation. He at least has the title - Capeci said as much - which Scarfo doesn't. That said, we shouldn't be so quick to assume how much clout an imprisoned boss does or doesn't have.

Are people arguing about titles, or more about how much power the person has? I don't think anyone cares if Amuso has the "Official Boss" title or not. The debate is how much power he actually has.

Capeci says that Peter Gotti is the Official Boss in name only, and has NO say in the streets. That shows you right there that it's possible someone could be Official Boss in name only, while others with unofficial power, or whatever you want to call it, are actually running the family.

When people are boss in 'name only' it's normally for a reason, to deflect heat away from the real people running things, the feds knew 4 years ago Pete had no say so I don't understand how it benefits the Gambino admin.

After Jr Gotti was chased he probably lost what little power he had left, then Cefalu took over in 2011.