Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I've already made my stance on both issues well known, it's probably a surprise to no one, and so won't go down the rabbit hole like PB said.

What I will point out is my continual dismay at some who finally come to the conclusion of what Cirillo is only with the possibility of him having his kid killed. It's almost as if everything else he did during his long life of crime is forgivable or not worthy of mentioning but THIS finally crosses the line?

I hear what you're saying, and remember your views from an old RD thread. But where was anyone condoning it or the life he lives in this particular thread?

From the post though, I can surmise that Basciano Jr was in fact made at the time. One of the youngest in recent times, it would seem.

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
still no way that cirillo gave the nod for his kid to get hit... junkie, disgrace to the family or not.. I don't believe for a second he was involved..
everything with that points the the bonnanos doing it on the sneak.
of course fucking vinny when asked about it by massino
said they had absolutely nothing to do with the hit. hes not a suicidal moron..would you admit to the boss that you whacked a very, very powerful Genovese guys son off the record? don't think so.. that's why I think its so annoying when people say the whole well dom must have ok'd it cause they have vinny on a wire telling massino he had no part in it..
if you have the smallest speckle of street smarts its not hard to understand why Vinnie said what he did when asked about it.

Not so much a nod as opposed to a shrug...? As wiseguy pointed out, theoretically he was living up to his oath.

(cough.)