Originally Posted By: Jimmythepen
I'm not sure it's correct about Cirillo giving the OK on his son. There are a few stories out there and I'd wager that people 'want' it to be true because it sounds so Hollywood: "Senior Mob figure gets son killed on Mothers Day'.

Others will know much more than I, and I don't want to turn this into another did he/didn't he give the order, but please don't take it as gospel as I don't think it's true.

I thought it was more that he didn't stand in the way or try and stop the murder rather than ordering it himself. I can't remember the details exactly, but he had been in an altercation with Vinny Gorgeous' son (cant remember if he was made at the time), and was also known as a drug addict/big-mouth/general fuck up etc. Didn't Massino also give evidence implicating Quiet Dom?

It's been a while since I read about it and I don't want to put anything out there and speculate over it, but the way I had it in my head was pretty much as you said. He didn't order it or have him killed, but there was nothing he could do to stop it such were the circumstances.

Again, I'm possibly wrong, but on reading different sources and accounts that was the one that seemed most plausible and made the most sense.

Last edited by Jimmythepen; 08/19/15 07:44 PM.