F1,

You know I call you "Cross T's & Dot I's", you support your views with points and facts....so person challenging them best cross every T before debating you.

I've stated that the aid industry is a big charade, that was never designed to do what it professes to do publicly.

It's designed to sustain itself.

The greater evil is that it exploits human beings' genuine compassion for their fellow man. Several middle men get rich..the donors feel better......the poor people get peanuts if anything...and aren't being helped in any meaningful way.

The guy debating you should have thanked you for opening his eyes, because whatever his intent is...the answer is NOT "aid"

I don't know if people just don't have time or don't have the inclination to dig deeper to understand issues but it's never as simple as the five minute news segment "explaining" the story. If a person were aware of past atrocities...like Stalin and the Ukraine...it would be easier to place similar stories in context. But Russia was an ally during WW2 so THAT atrocity doesn't get as much coverage as others.

It's a bit sad that in modern world..where information has NEVER been so readily available that we choose to remain willfully uninformed.

Thanks for the compliment but I don't think of myself as particularly righteous and I'm going to explain the comment I made earlier about Black people and religion. The negativity and despair in Haiti drives a lot of people TOWARD religion in much the same way that the conditions of slavery/jim crow drove a lot of Blacks toward religion. Super religious folks. Religion supersedes everything in their lives and it stunts a lot of personal development,growth, and PRACTICAL education.
There's a quote about how , in the 'hood...there is a church on every corner(and a liquor store). Churches are also everywhere in developing countries. Lot of singing, lot of praying....but year after year, decade after decade the lives and conditions of the people in the church do NOT change.

will continue disjointed rant later