Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Footreads
He is not most blacks he is special. Raised in Moslim countries his daddio was a Moslem until he wound up in Hawaii with mommy nice ghetto. I thought I had it tough. Then he became a Protestant? How did that happen?

But evidently it did happen smile

It happened because he recognized he had to appear to identify with those who's political support he would need. Most of the black community was Protestant so he played along. Now, mind you, I'm in no way saying Obama is a "secret Muslim." One can see certain leanings of his when it comes to Israel and Palestine but that's due much more to the typical pro-Palestinians/anti-Israel political sentiments many on the left hold. Obama is your classic modern day secular progressive who really couldn't care less about religion.

He's not Muslim. I've never understood people who think he is. It's well documented as Faithful said that he was a member of a Church. A nutty Church that taught black nationalism but still a Church.

But yeah he's definitely more on the progressive side. I mean Roosevelt was technically on the progressive side for the time period. Anyone know how religious he was?