Originally Posted By: thebigfella
What influence does scarfo sr still have over guys like phil narducci and joey pung? Do anyone from the streets still keep in touch with scarfo sr?

I heard that Joe Grande kept in close touch with Scarfo after they were all convicted in '89. Leonetti also said that Joe Grande and Nicky Sr would correspond via letters in prison back and forth frequently and Grande would also write to Katherine Scarfo (Nicky Sr's mom) before she passed away. I think I heard, but am not positive, that when Joe Grande got out of jail he sent him with the North Jersey crew so he could keep close tabs on him via Scoops who he trusted to see where his loyalties truly lied and make sure he was on board with the new regime and not still loyal to Scarfo. But I don't know how accurate that last part is because I think I heard that part about being sent to N. jersey crew from this message board. But it would make sense... Anyone know if Joe Grande was or is still in fact in North Jersey operating with that crew? Or is he back in South Philly? Don't hear much about him either. I'm dying to know what's going on with all of the Scarfo era guys who are back on the streets. I have the Chickie pic also and can post just need to figure out how to I've never posted pics on here. I also have some recent pics of Joe Punge and the Blond Babe as well before he passed away.