Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: SharpieOne
Anyway, they make a very specific point of showing the street signs of this intersection where the beach club and the hangout is. Except in the movie, the go out of their way to show LAYTON AVENUE and CLARENCE AVENUE. The only problem is, in real life, that's the corner of RANDALL and CLARENCE -- not Layton.

I mentioned that here years ago, Sonny Boy grin.

It wasn't anything sinister. They were doing heavy construction on the corner of Layton and Clarence in the Summer of '98, especially by the apartment building, when they filmed it. Plus, the beach club made for better scenery.

My daughters were both little girls at the time and were asked to be extras (along with a hundred other locals). I politely declined.

I don't know why I thought there was an off-chance you wouldn't have known this. So then why didn't he just keep it Layton and Clarence? Wanted to make it all seem like it was near the "layton bridge"?

Summer of '98 I was 14 years old. Living with my dad Upstate. I was nervous as hell to start 9th grade, but excited as hell to see how big every chick's boobs got. Arturo Gatti and Ivan Robinson I was the fight of the year that August. It was probably one of the last summers before there was ANY form of internet in a house I lived in -- even dial-up. I watched Howard Stern on E!, snuck out to raise hell with my friends, and wasn't even old enough to work. It was my first time getting drunk. My cousin took me to a party and I drank Tequila Rose and Old Mill until I couldn't see straight.

So if you were thinking "This kid was too young/didn't live around here back then" -- you were right.

Last edited by SharpieOne; 08/14/15 08:23 PM.