Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@faithful

barack Obama was in Illinois policitcs for 10 years

Illinois politics is better training than most other states

cook, you are kidding aren't you? is it 3 out of the last 4 governers in Illinois that went to prison? one sold obamas empty senate seat.

yes, great training, gets you ready for Washington, where you can just keep on being bought.

taught him how to diplomatically deal with crooks which is what the president does

Chicago is a powerful city and he maneuvered through to become the president

don't be mad at Obama, be mad a George bush

See, that's partisan thinking. A person can disagree with Obama's policies, or they can disagree with Bush's policies, but not both. With Bush, I disagreed with the invasion of Iraq, and once we were there, the de-Baathification was wrong. However, especially after reading Michael Morell's book "The Great War of Our Time," I can see why Bush AND almost every member of Congress (including Hillary and Kerry) believed that he should have invaded. I also have issue with his new Medicare plan. Another issue is that he wasn't a fighter and allowed himself to get misrepresented without defending himself. At least Obama stands up for himself. On policies though, I disagree with most of them for reasons I can defend, just like I can defend my not liking certain policies of any other president.

Sometimes I'll see people saying that only racists disagree with Obama (not saying that anyone here said that). That's stupid and is in itself racist. It basically says that he's too weak to handle criticism. To me it seems that he's perfectly capable at defending himself, far better than the previous president.

So if you're going to support Obama because he's Obama, then it shows that you're only interested in partisan politics. I've been an independent since I started voting, and I will criticize anyone who I believe is not doing the right thing for the American people.