Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Italians aren't the only people who give you a lot of good food to eat. Italians and other ethnic immigrants usually came to America one step ahead of either starvation or annihilation in some war. So, when they became established, they showed hospitality and their newfound security by serving enormous quantities of food. That value extends even into second- and third-generation ethnics. If you go to a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant's home, they serve you one slice of Oscar Meyer bologna on two slices of Wonder Bread (with the crusts cut off), or watercress sandwiches. But they serve it on 200-year-old China. wink

lol lol That was funny Turnbull.

I've got one for you, TB. Here it goes. True phone conversation. I'm always getting yelled at.

Hello, where are you? You're home. What are you doing home? You know, everybody is over here. Your sister's here with the kids, Sal's here, the neighbors are here. Everybody is here BUT YOU AND YOUR KIDS. You should be here.

Well, I guess I could drop the kids over to play and say a quick hello but I'm in the middle of making meatballs. Remember, YOU are coming here for dinner??

Oh that's right. I forgot. (Click)