Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
PHL- no worries pal thanks for the detailed response. I didnt think Charlie White was that old but being in hid 80s id def agree w u hes pry retired...his kid Vince seems to be a pretty low key smooth operator..is that Accardo guy made? Ive read conflicting posts on here so idk if u know for sure..and just outta my own curiosity u think the philly fams construction rackets are limited to the city or they made it out my way in Bucks county? Nothin specific jw

I don't think we know for sure if Accardo is made or if he's even as involved as he used to be. We had a lengthy chat about him a few months back, but the conclusion was he's either smartened up and is just very low key similar to Vince Iannece or he was just close with Merlino. He was always around Joey in the 90s and also acted as his primary bodyguard along with being involved with gambling, loan sharking and the hijacking theft ring, which are the things we know about via wiretaps and court testimony (could be other stuff though but not sure). My guess is he got made when came back from jail and just smartened up and doesn't want to go back to the can and is real low key now. Someone on here on that old thread I mentioned said that they saw him last fall at some Italian Festival on Passyunk Avenue with a bunch of other mob guys/associates one of who was mentioned was Anthony Borgesi. As far as the construction comment, I'm not sure, but if I had to guess its predominantly in Philadelphia and maybe a bit in Delco but I think if anything mostly Philly and definitely S. philly. If anyone is interested I've come
Across some interesting connections/connecting-the-dots type theories on philly Fam and Unions/construction....

Definitely interested PHL