Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Anyway, Dom Woods just made a correct listing. But it should be noted that Vinny's gun jammed, so he didn't get off a shot. He didn't "freeze up," which was a vicious rumor for a long time.

And that goes back to the jealousy thing we were all discussing in another thread recently. Some of these guys envy each other so much that they'll say anything about each other to get ahead.

I'm a bit surprised none of them thought of having a back up piece, or even worse, not knowing or having the where with all to clear a jam. I assume it was a semi-auto, and the jam, if he wasn't able at all to get off a single shot that the jam was magazine related. The classic stove pipe can be cleared, quite intuitively, by merely grabbing the empty shell out of the breech, watching the chamber slam forward and back into battery.

Astounding to me that Vinny didn't have have a back up piece, you know like "Lefty/Tommy Two Guns".

Oh sure, mid-town Manhattan at 6 PM taking out big Paul and the guy is suppose to be cool as a cucumber and clear a jam like its Saturday morning at the gun range...lol...

They didn't need back up guns, they had a whole team of backup shooters. Say what you want is was the best, most well thought out hit in LCN history and maybe the most dramatic...

Go stand in front of Sparks two weeks before Christmas and imagine what it would have been like to have a shootout on that street.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"