Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
If people didn't do the crime then they wouldn't be doing the time. Very few people in jail are innocent of anything. With slavery people were imprisoned from the day they were born to the day they died and weren't guilty of anything, so there's no comparison between the two.

Maybe voting Republican would be first step in getting out of welfare and public assistance. As they say, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of crazy. Black Americans have been voting 80-90% Democrat for decades what has it done for them? Even under Obama, the black unemployment rate has increased. Then again, what does a successful brain surgeon like Ben Carson or a billionaire real estate developer know about anything?

concering your statement that very few people in jail are innocent.. its a ridiculous statement, by the advent of DNA many, many people were proven to be wrongly convicted, many sued and were awarded cash settlements.

also many police departments were guilty of planting drug evidence on people they pulled over on traffic stops.

all this has been proven in court in many cases, also people incarcerated in Guantanamo there are hundreds with no charges filled against them and, have been imprisoned for years.

there are far too many cases to mention where people have been wrongly convicted.

It's not a ridiculous statement. Only a very small percentage are wrongfully convicted and the overwhelming majority committed crimes that landed them in prison. I didn't say there weren't any wrongful convictions, and I support DNA evidence to release those who shouldn't be there. I also agree that there's police corruption. Hell, that's discussed all the time on these Mafia-related forums, so that's obvious to anyone who posts here. Again though, none of that negates the fact that most people in prison did crimes and deserve to be there.

Guantanamo Bay is totally irrelevant to domestic policing and corrections. That has to do with the military, military justice, and terrorism. Separate discussion.