The owner of the Browns FAMOUSLY demanded that Jim Brown quit his offseason job and get back to training camp.

Jim Brown told him to F off and finished shooting The Dirty Dozen and retired from the league.

@Binnie,

Giants tickets and Meadowlands parking (yes...meadowlands...I will NEVER call it met stadium) is ridiculous....at least now there is rail service to the games.

@Foot,

I haven't followed MLS is a few years but when it started it was a third tier soccer league...so not surprised that the athletes didn't get the big bucks. I used to joke that American soccer league was like European basketball leagues....ex NBA guys go play in Europe when they are washed up here......and ex elite European soccer players come play here when they are washed up in Europe.Full disclosure, I was never good enough to play ANY pro sport..so maybe I'm hating just a little bit.

@Mark

Great point about athlete /restaurants and bars. My family who travel say that it's a Chicago tradition still even with million dollar salaries. Said he went to Jordan's old restaurant and later to Sosa's (might have been same location different name)..said the food sucked.

There was an All Star Cafe out here in Times Square around the time that area got fixed up...it was allegedly owned by Gretsky,Griffey Jr. etc... food was terrible but the T shirts were cool