Went there after church this afternoon around 12:30 or 1 pm. I used Google maps for directions and for some reason it went crazy. I was on Tustin Avenue stopped off at the Fresh & Easy on Chapman, and from there went to Katella and headed toward Glassell. When I was close I pulled over and put on the Google map to help me get there the rest of the way. It started giving me the craziest directions. It told me to make a left from where I was when I should have gone right, then after I made the left it told me to make a u-turn. Then after I passed Glassell it told me to make a u-turn and Bodhi Coffee would be on the right, but all I had to do was turn left. I turned off Google maps because I could see where it was. I don't know what happened with Google and if anyone knows how to report screwed up directions to Google, please let me know.

Anyway, I went it to the coffee shop. It looked nice and clean. Had a fresh and modern look to it. Large and roomy. The cashier and the barista seemed friendly and helpful. I wanted to order a 16 oz mild coffee, but they stopped brewing it, so if I wanted the mild I would have to get it Americano style, which costs a dollar more, or a pour-over, which also costs more and it maxes out at 10 oz. (Starbucks doesn't charge extra for Americanos or pour-overs). The cashier gave me a sample of the medium, which tasted par for the course. I ended up taking it. I thought it was funny (in the sense of strange or curiously interesting) that the cashier told the barista that it was "para llevar" ("to go" in Spanish), but aside from that they spoke to each other in perfect English. Then the barista started adding ice to my coffee and I asked the cashier why she was doing that. She said that was was watering down the coffee to make it milder, and I told her I didn't want ice, so she made me another one. Then when I went to pay for the $2.00 coffee, the pay screen has these preset tips of $1, $2 and more. I often leave tips, but I'm not going to tip 50% of something unless I get something that's standout excellent, and my experience didn't hit that mark.

Maybe I'd have to go there early in the morning to get a mild brew, but I didn't have a great experience. I'll give them another chance in the future since they were friendly, the place was clean, and they get 5 star reviews on Yelp. So we'll see.

Last edited by Faithful1; 08/09/15 06:12 PM.