Originally Posted By: scottburn
I concur there was no pressing, ,major breaking news in the most recent Philly article, but if you claim that my reporting in the past year on Gangster Report hasn't shed significant perspective and light on modern day Philly LCN affairs with George (my mentor by the way) for all intents and purposes off the daily local mob beat, you're just flat out wrong and hating to hate.
Scott

I am not hating nor did I claim anything. I made a point to which you didn't respond. We aren't talking about the past. I am trying to understand what you were trying to accomplish with that article.I have praised some of your work on Detroit so I'm not one or your haters. If you claim to be the new George Anastasia or his predeccor when it comes to Philly you have a lot of work to do. There was nothing new in that article and to bring up GA in this discussion looks like pure name dropping. Didn't you get all worked up when HE didn't mention your name in an interview he did. You are not from philly so I find it hard to believe that you have similar sources. It takes time to build trust with sources and your a rookie when it comes to Philly. If not you would have had a little more for us as about phill, not just joey, that I'm sure mob watchers would have appreciated other than jacking info, some of which wasn't accurate(ie picture info), about Joey Merlino to get some traffic on your page. I have spoke to George a before about his work briefly and it took him years to get the few legit sources he had. He May have gave us repeated info as background but he didn't post stories just for the sake of posting. Again I don't want to come off to strong cause I appreciate what Your trying to do cause we need a new GA but you have some work to do before being close to what he was for Philly.

Last edited by spmob; 08/08/15 04:35 AM.