Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Now you are into your feelings dude, look, some of us actually do know Some people, it's not as big a deal as you think. lIke the one poster, he knows the Bacianos family, IDont think its bullshit, why lie on the Internet, like for what? I mean you want the guy's name, and what stores he got on the south side and in little village, I feel like I said enough shit;
Oh and yeah Fred, Frank whatever lol, I read a lotta shit just like you.
And it's like you aren't listening to what I'm saying, there is SOME things going on, but you won't hear about them. Look the fed been looking at the genovese since chin died. Who's the boss? NO ONE KNOWS, not even your infallible Feds, mostly cause they are semi legit, so it's hard to make a case when no one is complaining, I'm talking collusion here. between corrupt business men, unions, whatever. jUst like crea with the luchs, he Don't need the illegal shit is what I'm saying. The outfit is like this, why put long standing relationships in jeopardy by making yourself vulnerable to a RICO. I think I finally figured out what I want to say; You are looking at MEMERSHIP NUMBERS to determine viability, when I think you should look at criminal activity. Like philly, if they got 200 members, it's still jv shit, in this day and age. You can't just disregard the rizzuto example, it's a clear example of the made guys thing being misleading.
Dude I'm from the chi and I thought the mob was done, until the family secrets trial happened, and I met this guy into all this shit. I know 2 restaurants on the north side that still operate video poker games, who do YOU think it is, the Latin Kings?
Like some guys believe a lotta myths. Let me pose a question; you know the numbers the Feds gave for each family right? Well can you tell me strenghth of say the colombos relative to the ndrangeta faction operating in NewYork? Is there one faction or more than one, and if so are they rivals or allies? The crew busted in Queens was rumored to be financed from the genovese, yet the gambino. And bonnano guys were connected to Cali, how does that work? These to me are interesting questions, not how many made guys are in the philly family, the better question is what are they into. That's the question you should be asking, not how many soldiers dude....

Look at criminal activity? You mean like indictments? Nobody does that more than me. I'm the guy on these forums who has tried to compile every mob bust since 2000, including in Chicago. They are one of the sources of info along with press releades, OC reports, articles, books, etc. I leave the anecdotal street gossip to others and only pay attention to a select few. And I can get a better read on the Outfit through the sources I mentioned, which are available to anyone willing to do the research, than you and some "guy you know."

I've said before I would still put Chicago above the other small non-NY families simply because of it's involvement in things like trucking comoanies, the trade show industry, residual union influence, etc. However, the membership still matters because, regardless of what the Chicago mob is still into, once the membership is gone, the Outfit is gone. Thereafter all you'll have is associates (including family members) of a mob that once was. We've already seen this phenomenon in places like Pittsburgh and Cleveland where the families are gone but there have still been remnants involved in gambling busts.

And what do you mean the feds don't know who the Genovese boss is? They've had all the acting bosses before and after his death pegged and indicted all of them - Bellomo, Cirillo, Serpico, Muscarella, Nigro, DeLuca, Ianniello, Leo, etc. The reason no official boss has been named is most likely because - as many reports have said - the family has used acting bosses and ruling panels to run the family since Chin's death.

As for your questions about the Italian crime groups operating in the US, the Italian American families will always be stronger here because this is their base. The predictions about the zips taking over the American families never really came true. We've seen individuals rise to high level positions but these guys (Gambino, Cefalu, Montagna, etc) were hardly right off the boat.

Anyway, nobody said the Outfit is "done." But any objective observer can't ignore the clear decline. Probably no family has declined more from where it was at it's peak to where it is today than Chicago. The organization itself is much smaller and mostly doesn't extend outside Chicago and it's suburbs within Cook County. Most of the political and union clout is gone. Several articles have said it's primary activity is illegal gambling - bookmaking and video poker machines. Little involvement in drugs. If you look at the evidence, the Outfit is closer to New England, New Jwrsey, or Philadelphia than any of the NY families.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.