Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
This; I dont think people really understand Chicago was like a criminal syndicate unto itself, they never really were into the "made guys" sicilian tradition stuff. I keep telling people the chicago syndicate basically predates the commision. Like, I dont know about Chicagos made guys, and crews, and territory and shit, and Im from Chicago, lol, but I will tell you guys this; I know a guy who is like a grand nephew of one of Capones top liutenants, and there are times, when I talk to him I wonder what the fuck the guy ISNT INTO. Hes got stores,whores,molly, loud, yayo, I dont think there is a hot club in the loop that doesnt have some kind of outfit connection in some way.This guy has shown me custom made TOMMY GUNS,AK47 PISTOLS, supposedly made by military- special forces type Cia-contracted gunsmiths,like the same guys who maKE SHIT FOR THEM. The guys has ties to street gangs on Vincennes and in the hunneds,his brother was Huge in Coke too. There isnt a strip club in illinois that doesnt treat the guy like God when he walks in. Again, I dont know about the viability of the Outfit today, but I think they are so integrated with the state to the point where they are kinda indistinguisable from legit companies. i WOULD COMPARE IT TO GAMBINO Family TRUCKING iNTEREST IN THE CURRENT DAY, OR THE Profaci heirs liquor business. I mean ive heard some goofy stuff reguarding Chicago, ive heard people say Chicago was as strong as one of the Three weaker New York Families, THIS IS stupid enough to defy comprehension...

The question is, when does it stop being an Outfit operation, per se, and strictly a legit company run by descendants of Outfit guys long dead? Once the inner core of Outfit members is gone, and it's shrinking rapidly, there really is no Outfit anymore and the things you are talking about are irrelevant.

Also guys, remember the Rizzutos had what 19 guys on record? Was that an accurate depiction of their power?

Vitale testified there were 18-20 guys in the Rizzuto organization who were made Bonanno members. Not the entire Rizzuto organization itself.

And finally, that Joaquin Garcia guy basically said that the feds are not always reliable when it comes to their info.. And for the love of god, WHAT EXACTLY IS THE FASCINATION WITH THE PHILLY FAMILY? LOL

It's always amused me when people use this argument - using a fed to discredit the feds. Any way you slice it, they are going to have far better and more accurate info - including on membership and associates - than anyone on these forums. Period.

Originally Posted By: JoeNagell1989
The Outfit controlled the entire city in every sense of the word, from the Governor on down, they made judges etc, this was up to the time of Pat Marcy death..Gotti as boss was bribing jurors in the late 80's in hopes of getting off, Chicago was handing the judge a envelope. .1 made member of the outfit has rolled, bosses have flipped in NY..

As Franzese has said, most guys don't even earn, they are there for muscle, so numbers don't mean much, it's quality over quantity. .

Numbers mean a hell of a lot. It's precisely why the families in places like New Orleans, St. Louis, Denver, and San Francisco are gone. They never had the numbers to withstand attrition. On the other hand, the NY families - which have the biggest recruiting pools by far - have kept their memberships stable over the past 20 years. The Outfit can have all the "quality" in the world. It hasn't stopped their membership size from shrinking by more than half over the last 15-20 years. And even if you include associates in the picture, the modern-day Outfit is about the size of the New England or Philadelphia families.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.