Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
I'd love to know how it works. Was it last year a bunch of Gambino's got indicted for conspiring with N'dragheta on moving billions of coke in return for Italy sending billions worth of Heroin to the US? (Wasn't really sure of the details) Then what the Gambino's wholesale to guys that control large areas like the ones mentioned above? I doubt they sale it on the street themselves.

I'm just using these names as examples but I'll explain it how I understand it to be. A guy like john gambino or frank cali sits down at a cafe in brooklyn and arranges the details with someone of similar rank from the other side of the pond. a few weeks later a container of fruit from the dr comes into a warehouse that a relative runs. the heroin is taken out and stashed. guys who are soldiers like frankie inzerillo or joe sclafani or some other veteran drug guy gets 2-3 keys on the front, cuts it and moves it to associates (like hector pagan or some bum) maybe pound half pound at a time. which in turn is cut down more and turned over to street level guys who mostly use as much as they sell. heroin is always a hot commodity. you can only cut coke down so much. the operation is sophisticated on the upper levels but no one on the streets gives a fuck.