I don't think I ever had caponatina, sounds delicious. We were lucky to eat so well. I wanted to mention to you and anyone else who is in our local area a couple upcoming events. I knew some of these people from San Diego personally because we would have our annual Italian picnic and bocce tournament with everyone in the state affiliated with the ICF. They were a lot of fun, most are Sicilian.

09/05-09/07, Sat.-Mon. – Labor Day Weekend West Coast Stickball Tournament
Come and watch the streets of Little Italy come alive with the good ol’ American (East Coast) past-time: STICKBALL. Every year local teams come together to play for the right to call themselves the king of the block; the champions! This year San Diego Stickball League will be hosting guest teams from New York and Puerto Rico. Come and enjoy the taunting, heckling and good ol’ fun on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am to 6:00pm on Columbia Street, between Beech and Cedar Streets, and State Street, between Ash and Beech Streets. This event was made possible by the Little Italy Association of San Diego. For more information, please call Joey Centanni at 619-471-7375.

10/11, Sun. – 21st Annual Little Italy FESTA!
Little Italy Association is proud to make the Little Italy District come alive. Come and enjoy over 180 Italian Food & Crafter Booths, 3 stages of entertainment, Gesso Italiano (Italian Chalk): Little Italy’s Chalk Painting Event, a Stickball Tournament and a Beer & Wine Garden. Load up the family, friends & pets and come to the Largest Italian Festival on the West Coast. This event is held on India Street between Ash and Grape Streets from 10:00a.m. – 6:00p.m. For more information, click here

http://www.littleitalysd.com/events/little-italy-festa/