Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Not sure if this was only an Italian thing,(don't know anyone else who had one) but do any of you (ladies mostly) remember the mangle iron?

We had one of those. It may have been my Italian grandmother's originally, she had some sort of rooming house in the 1920s or 30s. I only saw it in use a few times, but my sense is that the roller could be pretty dangerous if you didn't know what you were doing? We also had a wringer washing machine - it was a big day when the automatic washer and dryer came to the house.

Oh yea, they were huge and could be dangerous. Looking back, my mom must have taught us well how to use it cause we were young when we were doing the ironing.

She too had the wringer washer. All laundry was in the basement and I think there was a clothes line down there too. Thank God, by the time I got married, automatic washers were the thing. I never used a wringer (I mom thought that was dangerous which I can see, if you get your hair caught- ouch!!) panic

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon