Ok I myself have blamed Scarfo for turning on supposedly his most loyal war capo Salvie Testa. And I keep reading this in thread after thread so we're all on the same page

BUT......

Having read nicky crow's "B&H" book again, he says "Tommy del comes by and says "faffy buried Salvie last night. He was telling Scarfo that he was into drugs, wanting to start his own family, he's out of control".

So I would like to point out contrary to our beliefs- yes Scarfo was responsible for Salvie's murder seeing he was the guy who okayed it. But, it was all the guys under Scarfo that convinced him/ conned him into believing Testa was a threat

Scarfo did not have any ill will towards Salvie before he headed to La Tuna to do his gun charge. Scarfo did not have any problems with Salvie during his stretch. Because if he had, it would have been taken care of

Instead, Salvie's problems started the minute Scarfo got out because he wrongly waited for Scarfo's release to break the engagement- thinking Nicky will have his back

Now, everyone says Scarfo's paranoia made him turn against Tommy del too, but again Tommy found himself in the exact same situation as Salvie (only that the rumors were true). tommy del was abusing his position and pushing people around. Word got back to Scarfo. Nicky crow was called in to discuss the Tommy del issue whereby Scarfo announced he was taking him down. Nicky crow says, " I knew he couldn't fool u nick".

But yes I agree Scarfo could have prevented it out of respect for Phil Testa but ultimately he knew Chuckie would not accept anything less.