Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
This is why I onced asked if there was a beef or rift in the Bronx Luchesse faction, there just have to have been, maybe not in the crew but at the top, the hits just dont make any sense otherwise...

No offense, and you can ask anyone here about me. The last thing I am is a troublemaker. But you're looking for boogeymen where there aren't any. Because with the possible exception of the Uptown Genovese Crew (116th), there wasn't a tighter crew in the '80s than the Bronx/Harlem/Westchester faction of the Luccheses. If they were guilty of anything, it was following orders. And as I've alluded to a hundred times here over the years, if Amuso and Casso didn't get caught, the Bronx/Harlem Luccheses would have finally gone on the offensive with the complete backing of the Genovese family.

They were in business together all over the Bronx, Manhattan and Westchester County. And with millions of dollars at stake in construction and concrete, the Westside would have stood right next to them. And aside from the money aspect, Chin was looking for an excuse to rid himself of Casso for years to cover his tracks in the DeCicco car bombing.

Casso didn't just envy the money that the Bronx/Harlem faction made, he resented how close knit they were as a crew, and how close they were to the Bronx/Harlem faction of the Westside. My personal opinion is that Ducks was losing it at the end. He should have listened to Tom Mix and put those two to sleep like a couple of rabid dogs. Because that's basically what they amounted to.

People love to talk about Gotti--and don't get me wrong, the man had plenty of faults--but those two did as much damage to LCN in the late '80s as Gotti did.
the chin was shrewd and I agree , Amuso and casso served there purpose getting rid of a couple of gotti loyalists as revenge for castellano , I think the westside was using Amuso / casso as scapegoats if the did eventually get gotti , then u would have prob seen Amuso and casso in the trunk of cars like caponigro and Salerno