@mikeyballs211 to tell you the truth i dont have much info on todays Outfit operations because i only have interest in the old era. Maybe Snakes,Cookcounty,ChiTown or Ivyleague have the answers for you. But i think that the right answer for your question would be that the Outfit remains a low profile and operates pretty good under the FBI radar. They dont have the strenght and money flow like in the old days but they still manage gambling,prostitution and some legitimate businesses and they also reduced the violence to 0%. I also belive that they still have some connections in the upper world and deals are made behind closed doors.

@mulberry most of the guys that i mentioned above are convicted narcotics dealers. But they never spent big prison terms because of their good infiltration in the government and judicial system. The Outfit was never big in narcotics like the NY mob was. They never had a Lucky Luciano or some zips comming to town and making a large narcotics operations.They controlled the racket only in Chicago and also controled some of the transportaion routes mainly from Central and South America.

After the end of prohibition the Outfit's main racket was always and still is gambling. They made billions of dollars from the policy racket,the bolita,horse betting and any kind of bookmaking,wire services, slot machines, Vegas rackets etc. The NY mob wasnt making the same amount of cash from gambling because they had 5 different families and a bigger number of made guys. Thats why they had "problems" with narcotics dealings among their ranks.The Outfit was one organization with a smaller number of "made" guys and a very large number of associates that didnt know shit about the hirearchy. The narcotics operations was their 4th or 5th racket after gambling, extortion, prostitution, vedning machines etc. But the question was wheather the Outfit was involved in narcotics? Yes they were since day one.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good