Originally Posted By: goldhawkroad
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
You're crazy if you think The Outfit weren't active in drugs. Pretty much all the families were at one point or another. I think The Outfit and Camorra is a valid comparison. Camorra are also deeply involved in blue and white collar crime in Italy and other strongholds where they have a presence.

Read what it says. I wrote "not active in drugs that way". I didnt say that there never were people in the outfit that dealt with drugs. But it was not the big organized thing it was in NYC. Or maybe you are more in the know than FBI people like Bill Romer who in the 90s stated that The Outfit had always stayed out of drugs under Accardo.

The camorra and the outfit are two completely different things. The fact that both are into white and blue collar crime and are criminal organizations does not make a perfect match. Also, Europe is something Else than the us with huge differences in culture and everyday life.

Toodoped said what already needed to be said. Like I said, you're crazy if you believe the Outfit weren't active in drugs. And The Camorra & The Outfit is a pretty valid comparison. Your argument was they can't be compared because the Camorra deals in drugs, when that simply isn't the case. Both organizations played a role in the drug market and they both deal in typical blue collar, some white collar crime. And as already stated, The Camorra helped play a role in the formation of The Outfit. But hey, what do I know. It took Toodoped to basically add on to my comment for my post to have any merit with you, it seems.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/20/15 11:34 PM.