Originally Posted By: ovation32
Of the guys you listed, do you know whether Sally Bo, Gelardo, the Mascias or Squire are out of prison/still involved? Also, Squire seems like an interesting name for an Italian-American . . .

Squire was a nickname. Danny's last name was Latella. He's dead now. There's a story about him that's well documented in the media, so I'll tell it. You could probably find it with a Google search anyway. But he took a pinch about twenty years ago for smoking crack in a Super 8 motel with a Black hooker.

Now keep in mind that not only was he a made guy, but he was an acting captain himself for about five minutes. He was huge in Parkchester. He pretty much had that section of Westchester Avenue all to himself. Needless to say, it was pretty embarrassing for him. He got put on the shelf for awhile. And even afterwards, he was never the same.

The Mascias are dead. Sally Bo's son was an acting captain for awhile himself, but he got knocked down. He didn't do anything wrong. But like I said, he was just "acting" anyway. The DeSimones made a fortune in vending before it became so heavily regulated.

TJ was the boss of the Mount Vernon crew when there were still Italians in Mount Vernon lol. That entire strip of Gramatan Avenue is Brazilian now. All of the old coffee shops are Brazilian soccer clubs now, except for one.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.