Originally Posted By: goldhawkroad
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
The Outfit's first original boss Paul Ricca was a camorrista. Back in the old country he used to kill for the organization. Anton Cermak's assassin and the Outfit's first "Lee Harvey Oswald" Joe Zangara was also a camorrista. Moments before his execution he yelled viva Italia,viva Camorra. The Camorra members played a very significant role in forming of the Chicago Outfit.

Yeah, and Al Capone was neapolitan. Even Johnny Torrio as I recall. But I thought we talked about the organizations, not individuals? Toodoped you are the man on Chicago Outfit. Is there substantial evidence for a large organized narcotic operation under the rule of J Batters? And with that I dont mean traffickers being taxed. Who was the Carmine galante of the Outfit?

There are no substantial evidences for large narcotics operations under Accardo during the mid 40's and early 50's. Accardo gave the knowledge to his peers that they didnt need any narcotics operations because they dominated the gambling schemes. But there were minor operations duing his reign as boss with guys like Rocco DeGrazia, Willie Heeney, Jim Emery, Leonard Calamia etc. The large narcotics operations began with Giancana's boys like Nicoletti, Torello, Cain, Larner, DePieto, Yaras, Patrick, Morelli etc. When Giancana resinged as boss, Accardo and Aiuppa came to the big picture and again, Joe B restricted any drug operations. But the truth was that the government investigators had documents that the Chicago gang supplied a major portion of hard drugs for the Chicago market from Phoenix, Arizona. Maybe Accardo and Aiuppa were not aware of the situation but i highly doubt that.Spilotro and Schiro led the group which was formed by Phoenix based drug peddlers such as Frank Moreno, Fred Pedote, Arden Lee Smith and Brian Ho

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good