Originally Posted By: AllDay27
All jokes and bullshit aside though with or without Gotti present for the murder, is it not generally assumed that Tommy Agro killed Tommy DeSimone? I know the info came from that rat fuck Joe Dogs but even still didn't Agro go around literally bragging about killing two DeSimone brothers even joking about killing the 3rd brother and going for the "hat trick" or "three peat" or something like that?

I was just talking about that book on another board when this story broke. And you're correct, that's where that story originated from, the book "Joe Dogs." However, it was never introduced into evidence at any of Agro's trials. But then again, the Feds could have been holding onto it, but being that Agro died so young they never got a chance to use it. But in my opinion, in legal terms it was all hearsay anyway (even if it was true).

I love that book for one reason: It paints a perfect picture of the wiseguy hangouts in Southeast Florida back in the late '70s and early '80s. I was just a kid in my early 20's, but I remember them well.

We didn't buy our place in Delray Beach until '97, and we didn't really start splitting our time between New York and Florida until around 2006. But I've been visiting that general area all my life, and the author really nailed it. Especially the Diplomat in Hallandale. Today it's ginormous, on par with the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach. But back then it was small, homey, and wiseguy central.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.