Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
"Now there's a flip-side to that coin" - easy trivia quote

Did the meeting at Fat Ange's Restaurant happen? No one was talking about it on the street. And if you live in this area, people have big mouths. None of the regular reporters talked about it. I don't think it did but I wouldn't be invited anyway.

I am not knocking Scott Burnstein, I liked Phils book and I know for a fact that alot of it was truth. But, some of his articles are regurgitations and speculative add-ons of OLD OLD OLD stories.

On to Merlino as boss from Florida - I speculate - NO WAY. Why?? No way any of those Scarfo guys are going to kick up to him while he's in Florida. I'm sorry but he's gotta be present. I can't even see Borgesi accpeting Merlino being king from Florida.

I can't see him able to hold on.

I think Serp will agree with me on this, the old heads aren't gonna tolerate a flashy, cocky boss, who isn't present. Flashy/cocky got them locked up in the first place.

Philly is volatile and there ain't shit going on around here but drugs/gambling/ and a little shylock. Nothing big.

And LCN Philly doesn't have their arms around it like they did with the street tax. A ton of independent agents/dealers/books in this day. And why deal with the mob, which brings heat on everyone, when you can go through other channels.

I only see this ending one way - a body. Either one of the old Scarfo guys are gonna get banged out to send a message to the others, or One of the young turks are gonna get it.

And remember, there are a few bodies that aren't accounted for over the past few years. All it takes is one slip up, one bust; and one knowledgeable person to roll over. Then, that whole regime goes bye bye.

This isn't NYC. These fuckers are crazy cowboys who were raised up with people shooting each other in broad daylight, public places, in front of their moms, etc. So, don't think they wouldn't drop each other on the street.

Again, this is all speculation....

They aren't kicking up to Joey in Florida. That is what Mazzone is for who is supposedly liked by the Scarfo guys. They kick to Mazzone and then Joey probably gets his cut. And I think Borghesi has more pressing matters. lol