If it was on the agenda 17 years ago, then yeah, it does refute your point. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 52 and I've seen it go on the agenda many times.

The reason for the current agenda is clear. The NAACP has had a boycott against South Carolina since it put up the flag in 1990 and for the reasons I explained is hurtful to many African Americans, especially those who lived through Jim Crow. Because that punk who murdered those people in a Bible study in church posted himself with the Confederate flag it gave ammunition to that cause. Governor Nikki Haley saw doing this as an opportunity to outreach and for healing, and both Republican senators agreed, as well as most members of state's congress. They only sought to remove it from government property.

To me it's a separate issue if someone wants to have it privately; it's a right whether or not anyone else has an issue with it. The BlackLivesMatters crowd and anarchists like to push things too far. It helps that they are financially backed by billionaire George Soros, who funds every anti-American cause. It's only the extremists who try to force businesses to ban all uses of the flag, even for collectors. They are well-funded and well-organized, not just with protesting but MoveOn.org (another Soros-funded group) does massive emailing campaigns to get them to bend to their will.

As for "The Dukes of Hazard" going back on TV, it may depend on which party wins the presidency. Even then, this country is moving in very leftward turn which may mean that "Dukes" will never return to TV. I'm surprised they haven't tried to get "All in the Family" or "The Jeffersons" taken off the air yet, but they may soon enough.

And to those who say that people should go after the American flag too, like I said, here they are: http://www.illwriteit.com/nocturnus-libertus-launches-campaign-to-defecate-on-us-flag/

Last edited by Faithful1; 07/16/15 12:58 AM.